When to Use drySeal™
Use drySeal™ immediately after the last milking of the lactation for the prevention of mastitis during the
non-lactating (dry) period in:
- Cows and heifers with individual cow somatic cell counts (ICSCC) of less than 150,000 and 120,000 cells per mL respectively.
- Cows and Heifers with higher individual cow somatic cell counts immediately following treatment with
appropriate antibiotic dry cow therapy.
Available in the classic tough-bins of 300 injectors (75 cows).
Packed as 5 plastic bags, each containing 60 injectors (15 cows).
- 2 FREE SQ-EZI applicator tools
- Teat Wipes
- Teat Wipe Holster
Features and Benefits:
The results of a NZ Field Study1 comparing the formulation used in drySeal™ with teatseal®2 indicate that:
1. The formulation used in drySeal™ was more effective in decreasing clinical mastitis in the fi rst
30 days following calving.
2. The formulation used in drySeal™ was clinically non-inferior to teatseal®2 for:
a. Prevention of new intramammary infections.
b. Prevention of new intramammary infections caused specifi cally by environmental mastitis over the
c. Prevention of clinical mastitis over the dry period.
(1) Mcdougall, S. 2014, Comparative effi cacy of two internal teat sealants on 3 New Zealand dairy farms,
Proceedings of the XXVIII World Buiatrics Congress, Cairns, Australia, pp 64-65.
(2) teatseal is a registered trade mark of Zoetis Inc. or its subsidaries.
Do not use in lactating cows.
Do not use in cows with clinical mastitis.
Store below 25°C. Protect from light.
MILK: Milk intended for sale for human consumption must be discarded during treatment and for not less than
8 milkings or approximately 96 hours after calving.